Our table spent the time picking songs to play from Elvis, to Jimmy Buffet, to Ernie's "Rubber Duckie." Oh, the joy 75 cents can buy you!
I thought I could duplicate this at home. I must say, I got pretty close. It's never quite as good when someone else makes it for you, brings it to you, and cleans up after you!
Here's what I used:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup white sugar
Large pinch salt
1 cup - 1 1/4 cup milk (I used whole milk since that's all I had on hand
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
Frozen raspberries, thawed out
Mini chocolate chips
2. Scramble your egg, and mix in the other wet ingredients: milk, vanilla extract, and honey. I started with a cup of milk, and then decided to add in another quarter cup.
3. Heat up your griddle, and grease with butter or spray
4. Working with a couple pancakes at a time, drop by roughly quarter cup batter onto a hot griddle (temperature should be medium at most). Immediately put a spoonful of the raspberries and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips on.
5. When the tops of the pancake get dry and bubbly, flip over and cook the other side
6. Keep warm in the oven while you continue with more pancakes
|One of my favorite Fiestaware colors- Paprika|
|Someday I want to get a big electric griddle!|