Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fun with canvas, part 1


My daughter, only at 19 months, has already amassed a large amount of hair bows and clips.  I was inspired by this one and have had it on my to-do list for a while.  I bought two canvases at Michaels when they were on sale at 50% off.  I had grabbed this teal fabric at Joann's Fabric in their remnants bucket for a deep discount.  I liked it so much I would have paid full price!  In my ribbon drawer at home, I had a perfect pink which contrasted nicely with the teal.

Here's what I used:
1 canvas, 11" x 14"
Fabric a few inches larger than the canvas all the way around
Staple gun
Ribbon
 
To start, wrap the fabric around the canvas and staple into place.  I'm not showing the back of mine because I was a bit lazy and it's messy.  I was so excited to get it done and in use!  Take care with the corners, as they can be tricky.

I then used three ribbons and measured out exactly where to put them so they were all equidistant.  I had my helper (hubby) staple them all into place.  My husband told me he didn't want me to use the staple gun, for fear that I'd see how fun it was and never let him use it again.  Personally, I don't mind and he can have all the staple gun fun he wants!

After I finished my daughter's hair clip holder, I ended up making one for myself!  Not sure, but I think I like the small purple one best!

Grab your own hair clips and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment